Monday 22 October 2012

Reflections on Assignment 2

Assignment Two was as informative as it was challenging. The preparation of the speech was fairly straightforward, although it did require a significant amount of reading and critical analyses.  That process was indeed enlightening, as it forced me to look beyond the surface, and offered perspectives that I can draw on in my role as IT Coordinator.

Although I am relatively competent in slide preparation for PowerPoint presentations, the second aspect of the assignment was a tremendous challenge. It was my first effort at voice synchronization, and I struggled immensely. Consequently, that aspect of the project did not go as planned.  Fortunately for me, the written speech compensated for my lapse, and I received a grade for which I am satisfied.

Interestingly, while the assignment has been submitted and graded, it is not finished for me.  I have pledged that I will seek to master the skill of voice synchronization, since I think that it will be very useful in my classroom practice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment