Tuesday 11 June 2013

The Word Processor as a Teaching/Learning Tool

As a Language Arts teacher, I find the word processor particularly useful in and out of my classroom.  It can be effectively used as a teaching tool and also for lesson preparation.  In my classroom it is used in creative writing as a thesaurus, spelling and grammar checker, for collaborative writing and publishing of finished work. Naturally, this brief list is not exhaustive, and there is much that I need to learn in order to maximize the use of this important tool.

The activity at hand, as a consequence of my frequent use of the word processor, was relatively simple.  Notwithstanding this, more thought than usual was put into planning the lesson. thus making the activity one that was quite reflective and meaningful.

No comments:

Post a Comment